Art Park Artist Residencies
We look forward to announcing our plans for the Residency Program in 2017 and beyond very soon. Please check this page regularly for updates.
Byron Bay Residency #12 September 2016 Thank you to all the artists who applied for Residency#12 (September 2016). Applications are now closed.
Byron Bay Residency #11 March 2016 Thank you to all the artists who applied for Residency #11 (March 2106). Applications are now closed.
Byron Bay Residency #10 March 2015. Congratulations to Sydney based painter, Nick Pont who has been Residency #10.
Additional questions? Email the Residency Coordinator here.
The Residency Program
Two residencies are held each year, the first in March/April and the second in September/October
Residency length is three weeks long. We are happy to consider artists who work with wall mounted works, sculpture, photography, new technologies and installation.
The Art Park Artist Residency Program will supply and fund:
- Fully furnished accommodation for a period of up to 3 weeks. The apartment is free of rental, gas and electricity charges to the artist in residence. The accommodation consists of a bedroom, bathroom, access to a laundry, etc. A floor plan and further information is available.
- A studio space is available as part of the accommodation. A larger printmaking studio is also available off site.
- Economy class travel from the artists home to Byron Bay and return.
- An daily allowance of up to $50.00AUS per day will be paid in advance to the artist to assist with miscellaneous daily expenses.
About Byron Bay, Australia
Byron Bay is a beachside town located in the far-northeastern corner of the state of New South Wales in Australia. It is located 772 kilometres north of Sydney and 165 kilometres south of Brisbane. Cape Byron, a headland adjacent to the town, is the easternmost point of mainland Australia. At the 2006 Census, the town has a population of 4,981 people, and is the nucleus of Byron Shire, which has in excess of 28,000 residents.Captain James Cook named Cape Byron after circumnavigator of the world John Byron, grandfather of the poet, Lord Byron.
More information about Byron Bay can be found here.
Past recipients have included:
- Joni Sternbach, USA
- Nat Russell, USA
- Andrew Gordon, Australia
- Serena Mitnik Miller, USA
- Jennifer Tyers, Singapore
- Thomas Campbell, USA
- Rhys Lee, Australia
- Ramsey Dau, USA
- Kirra Jamison, Australia
- Nick Pont, Australia